Sunday, August 19, 2012

Walking down a falling plane

I love the creativity sparked within me while I sleep.

Last night's was no different.

It began with me sitting and everyone telling me that I had a crush on this boy I knew in middle school that I clearly was not ever interested in. His name is Zach and I see him sometimes because he works at this ice cream place, but otherwise the dream fairy picked out a seriously random person for people to be pairing me with.

So in this dream I was on a sports team (I can't really determine what kind of sport) and at practice, all of the people around me were making fun of me for liking this guy that I knew I didn't even like. It turned out he had low self esteem and left practice because he felt like he wasn't valued on the team, and I didn't want anyone to think I liked him so I didn't go after him. I just let him leave. Weird.

The next part of my dream included some of my middle school to high school friends, Rose, Jenny, and others I can't remember. Megan from Saint Dom's was there too. Jenny and some others that I don't remember had a little gathering. I was excited and showed up, but when I arrived all they had talked about was inside jokes that I was not a part of. So I left the room and hung out with Megsie and we talked about being left out.

In the middle of this conversation, Megan disappeared and a line of students who are my age now showed up, and I had to give a speech about sustainability on a jet while it flew over the city of Chicago.

I gave the speech but this song by the Killers, "Smile Like You Mean It", kept playing too loudly over my voice so everyone could not hear me. Once they could hear me, I could hear them all trying to talk over me, but when I looked at them they all looked attentive and no one was talking. The room on the jet was set up like a classroom and it was huge. It had tables that everyone sat behind and looked at me from.

We took the jet over some fields and the jet began to go directly toward the ground, nosediving, like a torpedo. Except it was moving slowly and we were all just walking calmly as it was at a 90 degree angle toward the ground. We were now walking on top of the jet and it was made of something like the material of a moon bounce. Again we were really calm as it crashed to the ground and we landed on the balloon like material in a junkyard. That was it.

No comments:

Post a Comment